Dr. John Busby Named a Distinguished Alumni In 2016
What Is the Distinguished Alumni?
This impressive award acknowledges individuals who have demonstrated outstanding career success in their lifetime. John Busby was congratulated by Chancellor Dennis Shields himself at UW-Platteville during its homecoming this year.
Dr. Busby was honored to be named a Distinguished Alumni. His parents, Edward and Lois Busby, began a long tradition of aiding UW-Platteville, which has an entire wing named after the Busbys.
The Busby family has also been a sponsor for several scholarships at the school, and the UW-Platteville football coach, upon discovering John has some eligibility to play, even named him the starting quarterback.
Who Are Candidates of Becoming a Distinguished Alumni?
To be eligible for nomination for Distinguished Alumni, the candidates must:
- Have graduated from UW-Platteville with an undergraduate or graduate degree
- Be a strong contributor to his or her profession
- Have been recognized in the community or workplace with awards and recognition
- Are a contributing citizen to the community
- Actively be engaged with UW-Platteville
- Have advanced degrees (which are reviewed but not necessary to receive the award)
- Have records of achievement should extend over a substantial period of time, assuring continuity of performance, stability and maturity
We Couldn’t Be More Proud of Dr. John Busby
John Busby is a Lifetime Member of the Alumni at UW-Platteville, and in 2003 he was honored with the Denny Pratt Volunteer of the Year Award. In addition to founding the school’s dental internship program, he’s been a commencement speaker in the past, and even served as the director for the UW-Platteville Foundation Board of Directors for ten years. The school is incredibly important to him and his family. When asked why, he responds,
“A lot of tremendous things happened in my life while I was at UW-Platteville. Working on this capital campaign is my way of giving back to UW-Platteville for creating a launch pad for me and my career.”
We are extremely proud of Dr. Busby and his commitment to helping UW-Platteville with his continued support and generosity. Please help us in congratulating him on receiving the Distinguished Alumni Award this year!