2 Snack Ideas for Sunday’s Big Game
Recipes shared by Dr. Sheryl Hunter Griffith, DDS and Dr. Elizabeth Chen, DDS, MS
Sunday’s big game is a chance to enjoy fellowship and many will partake in championship get-together. That’s why we’ve shared two tasty game day snacking ideas with healthy ingredients so your teeth can get a break. After you savor these flavors and possibly other snacks at the feast, our PRO TIP suggests you floss [at a minimum] and brush if you can!
Spicy Jalapeño Dip
- 1 16 oz. tub low-fat sour cream
- 1 packet of Hidden Valley Ranch (or other brand) Fiesta Dip
- 1 jalapeño, seeded and cubed
1. Combine all ingredients in a blender and blend thoroughly.
2. Serve the dip with raw vegetables such as carrots, celery and cucumbers.
What makes this recipe tooth-friendly:
This dip with a kick will make your veggies disappear. Raw veggies require lots of chewing which stimulates and promotes healthy gums. Carrots contain beta-carotene that your body uses to create vitamin A which works to build strong teeth. The sour cream in this dip gives your teeth a boost of Calcium which can also serve to keep your teeth strong.
Baked Cheese Roll
- Goat Cheese Log
- Grape or Olive Oil
- 1 small carton of Grape Tomatoes (sliced)
- Basil Pesto
- Balsamic Glaze
- French Bread or Crackers
1. Preheat oven to 350°
2. In a jelly roll pan or small casserole dish, add approximately 1/4 inch of grape or olive oil.
3. Place goat cheese in the pan and cover with pesto, then grape tomatoes.
4. Bake for 20-30 minutes, remove from the oven and drizzle with balsamic glaze.
5. Serve with French bread or your favorite healthy crackers.
What makes this recipe tooth friendly:
Goat cheese contains more protein and calcium than cow’s milk cheese and yet has less fat and calories per serving. The higher calcium of goat cheese means even more protection for your teeth.